Sunday, November 16, 2008

Coconut rum cheesecake !



Another new flavour out from my oven, Coconut rum cheesecake !
My friend, WWC has been telling me try using bailey's coconut rum to bake my cake.
Well, i dont have that liquor at home so i went ahead and try to use raw ingredients.
After putting the cake into the oven, i waited anxiously for the final product, it takes me one day to try my cake, as i need to cool it, bring it to room temperature after baking, then chill it in the fridge until the next day..
So, this morning, i woke up, opened my fridge and cut a slice of it to try, the first fork-bit was a bit bitter, i thought, oh could i have added too much rum this time ? I tried the 2nd bit, hmm tastes fine to me, i could actually taste the coconut cream infused with the flavour of rum ! I took more bites and i had to stop because i didnt want to finish the whole slice =)
Final conclusion, i think i have one more new recipe into my cheesecake book, for this cake, i might need to garnish it with some dark chocolate sauce to enhance the taste..taking small bits of this cake is the correct way of enjoying it, so you could savour the mixture of coconut, cream cheese and rum....
Enjoy !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home