Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I love Fridays !

I had a long day at work today and my family members were waiting for me at work to go out and have dinner together, so, i have decided not to cook and eat something i like !
We went to a nearby Food Court. I had a bowl of chinese noodles, it was delicious ! After that, i thought of giving myself a treat and went to buy an ice-cream cone from Haagen Daaz. Macadamia nut flavour, it was S$5.90 for a single scoop, expensive brand of ice cream but it is worth it, good quality, thickly flavoured and you could really taste the Macadamia nuts, the ice cream was a little salty and sweet. Could have chosen another flavour but i was contented, i don't get to eat them often. What a waste, i didn't have my camera phone with me.
Anyway, i went to the Supermarket's Japanese corner to get some ingredients.
The stuff i bought are shown above, Bonito Flakes, shoyu and konnyaku.
Konnyaku is a type of jelly-like food eaten by Japanese. I have tried the sweet version of it, simply made by just adding water and the powder, stir until all the powder is dissolved in the water and leave it to cool down, oh yes, remember to add sugar to the solution too. After cooled, put it in the fridgerator and serve chilled. I didn't know Japanese use them in Soup until one of my friends bought it for us to eat. She likes it. I wanted to get it and try cooking it with my soup but it was out of stock. I checked the availability of it today, saw it and bought one packet.
Hmmm...i'll see what i can do to that Konnyaku..goodbye Konnyaku, you are going to be eaten soon.
Weekend is a free eating period for me, i'd give myself a break and eat whatever i like and crave for. I'll keep the pictures up !
WEEKEND ! HERE I COME !!~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home